1. The Promotion is valid from 1 October 2021 to 30 June 2023, both days inclusive. (“Promotion Period”).
2. By participating in this Promotion, participants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”).
3. The Promotion is only applicable to cardholders of ZA Card with active status who have successfully linked his/her ZA bank account to ZA Coin (“Participant”), a third-party reward scheme operated by ZA International Financial Services Limited (“ZAIF”).
To Earn ZA Coins
4. For a single Eligible Transaction (as defined under Clause 13) at Designated Merchants (as defined under Clause 5), Participant can earn 11 ZA Coins (equal to HKD 0.11) for every HKD 1 spent.
5. Designated Merchants include the followings and ZA Bank may add or remove the merchants from time to time without further notice:
6. Maximum earning for all Designated Merchants per calendar month (“Monthly Cap”) is 15,000 ZA Coins (equal to HKD 150). Available limit of ZA Coin for a calendar month (“Available Limit”) is the difference between Monthly Cap and the accumulated ZA Coin earned for the month.
7. Participant will not earn any ZA Coin from Eligible Transactions made after exceeding the Monthly Cap. If a single Eligible Transaction results in Participant earning more than the Monthly Cap, Participant will receive the ZA Coin up to the Monthly Cap only.
8. ZA Coin earned from an Eligible Transaction shall be credited to Participant’s ZA Coin account operated by ZAIF within short amount of time. ZA Bank will use its best endeavour to provide the necessary information to ZAIF to facilitate this purpose, however ZA Bank makes no warranty that the ZA Coins earned will be accurately credited to ZA Coin account operated by ZAIF and accepts no liability for failure or delay in the crediting of ZA Coin to Participant’s ZA Coin account for any reason beyond ZA Bank’s control.
9. If the ZA Coin unit earned is not an integer, ZA Bank will adjust the ZA Coin to the nearest integer.
10. If a transaction is reversed, refunded, partially reversed or partially refunded (“Transaction Reversal”), ZA Bank will deduct the ZA Coin earned in relation to the reversed or refunded amount (if any). If Participant’s ZA Coin balance is insufficient, ZA Bank will deduct an amount from Participant’s ZA Bank HKD savings account corresponding to the cashback able to be made from the units of ZA Coin Participant earned in relation to the reversed or refunded amount.
11. Upon Transaction Reversal, the Available Limit of the month that Transaction Reversal occurred will be reset or adjusted. For example, if Participant earned 20,000 ZA Coins with a transaction in April, and that transaction is subsequently reversed in April, the April Available Limit will be reset to 20,000 ZA Coins. However, if transaction is subsequently reversed in May, ZA Bank will only reset the Available Limit for April, and Available limit for May will remain the same.
To Redeem ZA Coins
12. ZA Coin can be redeemed to cash in ZA Bank App at a rate of 100 ZA Coins = HKD 1. Upon successful redemption, the cash will be deposited to Participant’s ZA Bank HKD savings account instantly. The monthly cash redemption amount is capped at HKD 10,000. Terms and Conditions of ZA Coin apply for redemption. For details, please visit coin.za.group. ZA Bank is not obliged to notify Participant of any changes or latest announcements of ZAIF.
13. Eligible Transaction means retail transaction made with ZA Card but does NOT include the following:
a. Insurance payment;
b. Payment to Inland Revenue Department;
c. Payment to merchant in gambling and betting;
d. Payment in relation to crypto-currencies;
e. Payment to financial institutions, including dealers / brokers;
f. Money transfers to personal accounts;
g. Purchases of foreign currencies, money orders or traveler’s cheques
h. Quasi-cash transactions;
i. Digital wallet top-ups;
j. Octopus top-ups;
k. Payments of financial charges or fees; or
l. Cancelled, reversed or unposted transactions (including partial or full reversal or cancellation).
14. The list of Eligible Transactions may change from time to time without further notice ZA Bank has no obligation to do clarification on eligibility of transaction before any purchase. ZA Bank will not guarantee that the transaction is eligible for earning ZA Coin and will not be liable to Participant whatsoever for the ZA Coin due to any ineligible transaction. Please contact the service provider for any enquiry.
15. The Promotion cannot be enjoyed in conjunction with other ZA Card offers in relation to ZA Coin rewards.
16. All rewards cannot be transferred unless otherwise specified herein.
17. ZA Bank reserves the right to adjust, withdraw or cancel the Promotion, and to amend or revise any of these T&Cs in relation to the Promotion from time to time without prior notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
18. In case of any ambiguity, doubts or disputes arising out of or under any of these Terms or any communications, the decision of ZA Bank is final and conclusive in all circumstances without assigning any reasons whatsoever and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. If the Participant has any enquiries towards the Promotion, please contact ZA Bank at 3665 3665.
20. No one other than the Participant and ZA Bank (includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these T&Cs.
21. These T&Cs are governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
22. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions of these T&Cs, the English version shall prevail.